Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Doesn't It look like Global Warming is winning outside?

Photobucket

After being gone for the weekend my wife and I came home to a very cold house. We spent the next day with the heaters at full blast to get it back to fairly warm again. We snuggled into bed and woke up this morning and opened the door.......

Photobucket

Yup I took this picture this morning. If you look really closely. I mean really closely. You can see the fence that if about 20 feet away from the door. But don't stare at it too long or you may start to see spots.
I love the snow. There is nothing better than about 8 feet of snow. Part of this might be because I served my mission in Sweden. The other part might be because I love driving in it. I don't think I have grown out of that phase were teenage boys love to go to parking lots and do donuts in the snow. As a matter of fact I don't think any men have.
In Sweden they get so much snow and the roads are so small that they have to suck the snow up with a giant snow blower attached to a Caterpillar and then put it into dump trucks and take it to soccer fields. Sometimes the piles of snow can get rather large and still be there into early may. So we really don't have anything to complain about.
Without snow what would this world be? No snowball fights. No snowmen. No snow angels. No snowboarding. No Superman fortresses of solitude. No Iceman from the Xmen. I don't want to live in a world without these things. And of course you don't either. So that is why we put up with the constant shoveling and salting and plowing.
Of course if Al Gore is right we should be coming to the end of snow as we know it. We wont even be able to go to the ice caps to see snow anymore. We will all live underwater with Kevin Costner from Water World and develop gills and fight pirates on skidoos. I know it doesn't sound that bad but remember, no snow. And really Kevin Costner would get kinda boring. Iceman is much more entertaining. But since Al's movie it has just been getting colder and colder every year it seems. So hopefully I wont have to live to see the day when Global Warming wins. I did have to live to see him win a Nobel prize, and it almost killed me. But for now I'm just going to go back to my fortress of solitude and enjoy it.

4 comments:

  1. did you see i tagged you in my blog????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see it. In fact I don't see anything. Are you sure you didn't accidentally open a new file in Paint and save it and post that while you thought you were taking a picture outside? I hear that happens sometimes. Easy mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um if you want to be apart of the "blogging world" you have to follow up on tags

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still working on being a blogger but its hard. Ill have to check it out Jess. Oh and Korth that is the right picture I'm sure just keep looking. LOL

    ReplyDelete