Thursday, January 29, 2009

Little shop of horrors

Photobucket

I think it all started late one night when my parents had gone off on a date and I was at home watching my brothers and sisters. They had all gone to bed but I sat and watched TV and fought sleep to search for entertainment. I happened to come across a show called Little Shop of Horrors. Had I known at the time that it was a musical I probably wouldnt have watched it and would not be writing this or have this great fear. But I did watch. And it scarred me for life.
The musical itself is not about the dentist it is actually about a giant plant that eats people. Which is why I watched the show in the first place. But one of the main characters played by Steve Martin is a sadistic dentist. During his solo he rips the teeth out of small children and enjoys using laughing gas as he prepares to operate on individuals. I dont have to even tell you how this affected me as a growing young man. It has progressed to the point today that I would rather do calculus homework while having an ingrown toenail removed than go to the dentist. Yes its that bad.
The human body is an amazing thing. There is only one flaw. Teeth should never ever ever ever have to picked at with sharp metal objects and needles should never go inside your mouth. Teeth should have been made out of titanium. I have prayed many times and asked why this is not so. No answer yet. The reason might possibly be just to torture me. Even though I have only had one cavity in my entire life, once is enough to know that it is evil.
My wife just returned from the dentist her mouth is all numb. She is far braver than I am. But this is probably the only time that I am perfectly fine with that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you think I'm brave!! You're so nice to me. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete