Thursday, January 29, 2009

Why is there never enough time or money?

Photobucket

Once upon a time I was 6 or 7 and all I had to worry about were getting girl "cooties" and getting candy. It was just "get candy get candy get candy". Right now I could really use some candy. I also have come to like "cooties". I think that my wife probably has the best "cooties" out of all the entire female population.
I miss the days of coming home from school and then after chores were done going outside to pretend that the piece of sprinkler pipe that I had painted green was a light saber and that I was a Jedi Master. I have attempted to do this in my apartment and it just doesn't work as well. Too many things that can break. But that is part of growing up. Learning that you cant swing your light saber in the kitchen.
I really enjoyed growing up. Even though I am complaining about it now there are some things that I don't miss. I don't miss Jr. High and the awkwardness that ensued there. I don't miss having to ride my bike everywhere. ( I do enjoy riding my bike, but cars are convenient when you want to carry stuff aren't they.) Life just likes to remind you that you're not so tough every now and then and today is just one of those days. I would love to reach the point in my life in the future where I look at an indefinite integral and just laugh and say "Bring me something that will test my math skills more than this puny integral which you have laid before me." But for right now I'm just going to have to be content cowering in fear.
I sometimes feel that if they would just add five more hours into each day then I would have time to do all the things that I need to. But then people would just give me more to do and say "Hey don't complain; you have five extra hours do it." So the only solution to this problem is a watch that stops time. I have been working on the design but all it's doing so far is timing how long it takes me to come up with a watch that stops time.
Another thing that would make life easier is if I were somehow related to Bill Gates and he liked to spend money on me. LOTS of money. But, just as before, until the genetic tests that I have sent to the lab come back I'm just going to have to be happy with everything that I've got. And you know what. I am. Life is pretty darn great even though school likes to kick me in one cheek and my wallet likes to kick me in the other.
So... to sum all this up. I am happy and sad. But mostly happy. Happy that I am blessed with everything that I have. And sad that my light saber broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment